Sandy is an adoptable dog waiting at Islip Animal Shelter and Adopt-a-Pet Center, located at 210 South Denver Avenue in Bay Shore, New York.
- Sandy is a female Yellow Lab / Pit Bull mix.
- She’s roughly three years old.
- She is spayed, microchipped, and up to date on shots.
- She is also on monthly heartworm preventative.
- She has been waiting for a forever home since November 11, 2013.
- Sandy loves people of all ages, especially children.
- Sandy needs to be the only pet in the home.
- Sandy is a part of Live.Love.Bark’s training program.
- Sandy knows the sit, down, come and stay commands. Watch a short video of her learning commands here.
- She walks nicely on a leash.
- She is easy to re-focus and food motivated.
- Sandy is very well behaved during bath time.
- She is well behaved on car rides, too.
- Although Sandy is not dog friendly, she is well behaved in public with other dogs around, so long as they’re not approaching her. She walks past them with ease. If she begins to get uncomfortable she is easily re-focused with a verbal command or treat. This is not to say she would do well at events with many dogs around and certainly should not be taken to a dog park, but means she can easily be walked in public.
- Sandy is a wonderful model. She is patient and hams it up for the camera.
- Sandy is still young and loves her playtime. She loves toys of all kinds and would love a yard to play in with someone to play with.
- Sandy’s adoption fee is paid for by Live.Love.Bark, which means she is FREE to an approved applicant.
- She also goes home with a free collar, leash, bag of food, bed, toys, and treats.
- Live.Love.Bark will also offer help continuing her training.
Sandy’s ideal home would be a home with a family to play with and snuggle with. The home can not have other animals in it. She would prefer a fenced in yard, but walks nicely on a leash so she would do fine without one, so long as she was walked and exercised regularly.
If you are interested in adopting Sandy, visit her in person at Islip Animal Shelter.
If you are interested in fostering Sandy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.