Every day thousands of animals suffer from animal abuse. Here are a few facts that you may have not known or realized. Be sure to check back daily for more facts and information on how to prevent animal abuse from happening in the future.
Fact of the Day:
The most common cases of animal abuse are neglect cases. Though some people neglect their animals purposely, often times owners don’t even realize they are being neglectful.
Not providing adequate care for your animals.
A few types of neglect:
- Left without food, water, or proper shelter for an extended period of time.
- Not providing proper vet care.
- Not providing necessary grooming.
Signs that an animal has been neglected:
- The animal is emaciated – so skinny that bones show, there is no body fat on the animal, the animal has suffered loss of muscle mass.
- The animal is infested with bugs – either internally or externally.
- The animal has excessive matted fur.
- The animal has serious tooth decay.
- The animal has excessive nail length, which can cause pain for the animals paws, and prevent them from walking/running properly.
These are just some of the many forms of abuse. Neglect branches off into many sub-categories. Check back for more info tomorrow!